top of page

All Saints History

'Thus far the Lord has  helped us.’ 1 Samuel 7:12

The history of All Saints as a congregation of believers is far richer than space allows but here are a few snippets about the actual church building and how it came to be...


Although the building on North Drive did not begin construction until 1961 the idea for a church in Anchorsholme actually began as early as 1931. To read more about it click the button below.

plaque 1.jpg

1989 -Becoming an Independent Parish

By the late 1980s the parish of All Hallows had grown to between 22,000 & 24,000 people so the decision was made to split the parish into Bispham All Hallows and Anchorsholme. A new vicarage was built on land originally intended to build a new church building and the curate became the new vicar. 

Harry Waggett: "As one of the then Deputy Church Wardens I was at the PCC at All Hallows when we voted to become an independent Parish. The then Treasurer of All Hallows’, Mr Farrington and their PCC, were very generous in making sure our buildings were in a good state of repair (eg installing new PVC windows etc) before we became an independent Parish."



In 1999 a new side hall was built to accommodate all the activities and groups at All Saints. It has been well used by the church and wider community ever since.

plaque 2.jpg

The Church with the Anchor

The anchor at the front of All Saints was acquired during the incumbency of Rev Peter Nunn. It was dredged up by a fishing boat in Fleetwood and apparently was very difficult to get into place:

Ian Marsh: "At that time my wife, Kath, knew one of the fisherman involved, a Mr Acton. He arranged to contact the port authorities who agreed for the Anchor to be donated to All Saints provided we arranged transport.

Back then I had a contractor working for me (Jim Harrison of Kirkham) and he kindly donated the staff, van and trailer to transport the anchor from the docks to All Saints. The first occasion was unsuccessful as the trailer wasn't strong enough and the anchor dropped through the base onto the harbour floor. A second successful attempt was made and the All Saints men's fellowship assisted in siting the anchor (it was dropped into its current position never to be moved again)."